Senior Commercial Manager
A Senior Commercial Manager is required to work in York for an international consultancy on rail projects. Projects will include signalling and station upgrades using NEC and Bespoke forms of contract.
You will be a Senior Commercial Manager on rail signalling and station upgrade projects based out of York.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Commercial Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and build collaborative relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their
performance and compliance.
• Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract
requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project
• Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and
including Final Account.
• Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
• Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers.
• Maintain the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
• Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
• Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance
• Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve
• Manage the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with
• Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
• Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work
Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any
recommendations for efficiency improvement.
• Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
• Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk
Manager informed of contingency drawdown / returns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Quantity Surveying experience on rail projects
- Experience managing teams of staff on construction projects
- Strong leader and team player
- Pre and Post contract experience using the NEC form of contract
- Degree qualified in any discipline
- Chartered member of professional body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an international consultancy, operating at the forefront of the construction industries most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic package along with a base salary.