Senior Consultant - Claims and Expert Witness services
A leading Expert Witness and Dispute company are seeking a Senior Contract Consultant with a strong Quantity Surveying background to join a growing team in their office slightly north of Derby. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has an interest in getting into Expert Witness or general claims and dispute work.
Previous Expert Witness experience is not required as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Expert Witness work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting disputes on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Senior Contract Consultant within the business providing support to a Director within the business on claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
The majority of this work will relate to the adjudication, litigation and negotiation stages of claims, as well as providing expertise as a consultant over the life cycle of a project. During a year, you will likely be involved on multiple projects and the role will offer exposure to an exciting variety of projects and disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Consultancy or Contractor in construction is essential
- Some knowledge of Expert Witness or Claims work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- You should be within a good commute of North Derby
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work as an Expert Witness or Claims professional
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is required.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading Expert Witness and specialist dispute company that work on projects in various project sectors. They predominantly work in the Adjudication/Litigation/Negotiation stages of disputes on projects and provide their expertise to clients in regards to major claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements on projects and hold a very good reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous sectors and locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.