Senior Contracts , Commercial Manager
Summary of Senior Contracts / Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Kuala Lumpur
One of Asia's leading construction contractors requires a capable and experienced Senior Contracts/Commercial Manager to work on a large scale rail project in Malaysia. You will report directly to the head of the department and will manage a team of contracts/commercial staff. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a landmark project in Asia.
- A large scale rail project that involves of 50km of track including underground tunnels and stations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advising/ensuring contractual compliances requirement, e.g. contractual deliverables, performance bond, insurances.
- Drafting (or review of drafts by others) of contractual correspondence
- Monitor and co-ordinate contractual claims and variation orders
- Provide inputs to help strategize and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Attend project meetings where required.
- Liaison with authorities and/or Government bodies if required
- Supervision and guidance of team members
- Comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment related to the job scope and work place as required by the company.
- Any other matters as may be directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Track record of working in a similar role
- Large scale rail project experience
- Previous Asia work experience is desirable
- Contracting background is preferred but not essential
- Experience of managing a team of commercial/contracts staff
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills in English
- Competent IT skills
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional qualification such as MRICS is an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a major international construction company with a first class reputation for delivering large scale construction projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a prestigious project in Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary package
- Housing and travel allowance