Senior Electrical Engineer
Summary of Senior Electrical Engineer Job Vacancy - London
A Senior Electrical Engineer is required to join a national consultancy in their busy central London office. You will take the lead on projects in the sector in a team of enthusiastic and professional individuals, and be able to deliver projects on time and to budget. Projects will be in the education, health, residential, and commercial sectors, ranging from a few thousand pounds up to £250m.
Projects will be in the building sector and involve a variety of education, health, residential and commercial projects. Values will range from a few thousand pounds up towards £250m, on which you will be the lead Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Undertake the control of all production aspects of the projects in the office as Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed
- Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory obligations, make submissions to the Statutory Authorities and obtain approvals as necessary.
- Ensure the Design Team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project as the lead Electrical Engineer
- Produce all design information, and ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the IMS, relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Represent the company at Client, Design Team and Progress meetings throughout the design and construction phases of projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently, and to take ownership of projects.
- Be an effective communicator and team worker.
- Be proactive about self-development, ideally being close to achieving Chartered Engineer status.
- Ability to assist in the management of tasks for junior and trainee engineers.
- Shown experience in the Electrical Engineering sector, in a client facing role or ability to excel in this type of role
- Degree educated in mechanical engineering, building services, or similar / related discipline is desired
- Full membership (or on route to) of a relevant professional body is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a market leading, multi-disciplinary national consultancy that works on some of the most exciting building projects in the UK, with project values up to £250m currently. They are expanding in their London and Birmingham offices and have been in operation for almost 4 decades.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a competitive salary and package.