Senior Engineering and Temporary Works DesignerRef MAX6563 Job Posted 08/06/2016 Region Dubai Location Dubai Salary 40,000 AED + Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Summary of Senior Engineering & Temporary Works Designer
To run and manage a small department with another designer engineer working and reporting directly to the successful candidate. Using 2 CAD for drawings, our client needs someone very experienced and fully up to speed with all Code and Regulation in the industry. The role will include Engineering Methods and involvement in complex solutions as well as the everyday checking of proprietary systems in scaffold/formwork and falsework.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a design team in the delivery of design specification drawings.
- Carry out; scaffold / form work and falsework design specifications.
- To act as the interface between client-contractor to provide technical expertise and solutions.
- Ensure all temporary works are adequately designed, checked, constructed and dismantled on site as per the Temporary Works procedure
- Co-ordinate design submission information in a proper presentation format and ensure change is managed.
- Representing the design department at the internal/external meeting for erection of temporary works.
- Preparing conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with current standards and code.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with any sub-contractors, other works designers, and constructors to ensure that project have been built as designed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a global main contractor.
- Previous experience managing a team of designers.
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is desirable but not essential.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as civil engineering.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A truly globally recognised main contractor. Working throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia they have excelled at building and infrastructure construction for over 100 years. Possessing a great pipeline of projects in the Middle East this role can offer growth for the candidate and also international relocation should you excel and wish to move globally after sufficient employment in Dubai.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend