Responsibilities and Duties
- A key role within an experienced and dedicated Pre-Construction team
- Reporting to the regional Pre-Construction Commercial / Estimating Manager.
Key tasks & Activities
- Ability to carry out detailed pricing for competitive tenders and negotiated projects using a variety of procurement roles.
- Ability to prepare elemental cost plans and familiar with benchmarking techniques and market testing.
- Ability to work closely with project managers, bid managers and designers.
- Provide advice to the design and construction team on alternative design considerations .
- Experience of managing risk and opportunity schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have a robust commercial acumen and an experienced, logical approach to cost planning and estimating.
- You should have experience in a similar arena working for major contracting organisations in the UK.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.