A Senior Estimator with experience general civil engineering projects is required to join a major consultancy in an office in Derby. You will be working on a major rail framework on civils projects as a Senior Estimator as part of an established team, reporting into the Managing Estimator on the framework.
You will be working on a £2bn rail framework on various projects that will be taken to delivery stage next year. Projects will involve station upgrades, changes to platforms, refurbishment of bridges, foundations, and ground works.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as an Estimator on general civil engineering projects
- Experience working for a Consultancy, Client, or Main Contractor is all considered.
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to cost planning
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline from a UK or internationally recognized university is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction that are market leaders in numerous construction sectors worldwide. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package, including a car allowance.