Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil Engineering projects
- Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential
- Measuring & ‘ Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings
- Producing Bills Of Quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
- Cost planning
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
- Hold adjudication/settlement meeting with Estimating & Operational Directors
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Any other duties as may be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
- Experienced in varying types of projects including: bulk earthworks, groundwork’s, substructure concrete, paving, roadwork’s, drainage, RC Frames.
- You must have experience of working within a ‘contractor’ environment
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Microsoft office proficient
- Estimating software experience preferably Causeway
- Electronic measuring experience, preferably Cadmeasure
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The Interviewing Company are a national Construction & Civil Engineering company they are experienced in the delivery of specialist packages of work and design and build schemes as principal contractor on green or brown-field sites.