Senior Manager - SafetyRef MAX8101 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Lantau Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A seasoned qualified Senior Manager - Safety is required for a major aviation client in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and champion a safety strategy to place HKIA among the safest airports in the world. This includes reviewing and updating the safety strategy, gaining acceptance from top management, communicating internally and with external business partners, devising programs to achieve safety goals, inspiring the Safety Section and other departmental colleagues to pursue excellence in safety management.
• Manage the relationships with regulatory authorities and stakeholders on issues relating to safety and fire safety, to enhance and maintain the client's reputation for safety excellence, demonstrate full compliance and obtain support for the client's future facility development plans.
• Develop the safety competence within the Safety Section to become a centre of excellence and transfer the competence to other departments, which in turn will move the maturity of our safety management system and culture from one of dependence to independence and inter-dependence.
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of safety programs, tracking and reporting progress.
• Conduct management reviews of the Safety Management System (SMS), its subsidiary plans and direct actions necessary to address the deficiencies in the system to ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 12 years’ relevant working experiences in managing safety function of sizable organizations in airport operations, transportation, property management or other relevant industries.
• Possession of strong negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English. Knowledge of Chinese and Putonghua is a plus.
• Good team player with good organization skills and interpersonal skills
• Degree holder in Safety Management, Aviation or other related disciplines
• Candidates with relevant safety qualifications such as Hong Kong Registered Safety Officer are preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
• A highly reputable and well known aviation client in Hong Kong with a history of completing landmark mega scale projects. The successful candidate will benefit from excellent working relationships with the opportunity to manage the strategic and daily safety function of the largest infrastructure project in Hong Kong.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Highly attractive salary package and benefits available to the right candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend