Senior PlannerRef MAX9103 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Airport Area, Hong Kong Salary HK$35K -HK$50K / m Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 08/03/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
One of a number of top construction contractor jobs we are recruiting for, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior Planning Engineer with experience in civils projects to join a top tier international civils contractor on the new Hong Kong Airport project.
You will be predominantly stationed on the Hong Kong Airport project but also get involved in a number of projects across the city.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Planning Manager, you will assist with driving the planning and programming of the project.
- Monitoring progress against contract milestones
- Propose means and method of construction, temporary works requirement, identify critical areas of concerns and risk of projects;
- Understand client requirements and provide cost-effective solutions
- Advise clients on buildability, development strategy related to procurement and construction, pre-qualification and tender programming, methodology, system formwork, logistics, plant and manpower resourcing;
- Assess tender submissions, review programmes, supervise and monitor construction progress in accordance with the programming schedule.
- Identify delays, critical paths, areas of concern and propose corrective action to the planning and the section managers
- Fully anticipate and interpret the demands of the project in terms of labour, materials, equipment as well as technical challenges
- Integrate HSE and quality management processes into construction programs to ensure safe delivery to the required specifications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 years’ relevant experience on site on complex civils projects;
- Familiar with Hong Kong Building Department procedures & requirements and with hands-on experience in Hong Kong Building projects or Civil projects;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of critical planning techniques using Primavera;
- Good command in both English and Chinese.
- Degree in Building Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Member of HKIE, ICE or other recognized professional bodies highly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a Japanese civil construction company providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and engineering industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia. They are seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity. Construction careers don't get any better than this!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate
- Planning Engineer Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong - HK$35K-50K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend