Senior Project Manager
If you are interested to explore client side project management jobs, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip energy business is seeking to identify and appoint a heavy hitting Senior Project Manager to provide leadership and guidance for project development and execution of new build and acquisition projects throughout the region.
Reporting to the Director, New Build & Technology, the appointee will have to provide technical leadership and guidance for project development and execution of new build and acquisition projects throughout the region as well as provide oversight and support of the Project Management Governance System and Project Management Academy.
Responsibilities and Duties
Lead due diligence studies on potential projects for acquisition and provide review and input to investment cases for proposed projects.
- Lead review of feasibility studies, provide input to investment cases and facilitate commercial study for development projects.
- Provide engineering support to define project scope, evaluate option analysis and acceptance criteria, identify key project risks and government approvals required for project development
- Lead the development of project execution plans, contracting strategy, contractor negotiation and selection process in conjunction with Commercial and Supply Chain, Fleet Management, HSE, Security, and Project Teams.
- Provide project management support such as resolving technical and construction issues, planning and scheduling, QA/QC activities, progress reporting and monitoring.
- Review project designs and provide recommendations to Project Teams based on design codes and standards as well as industry best practices.
- Review construction schedules and assess the potential impact of risks and uncertainty on the overall project duration.
- Monitor and provide governance to ensure projects are executed as planned with regards to safety and environmental, scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Conduct checks to ensure projects are ready for start-up by reviewing construction completion, testing and commissioning plan, personnel training, document handover, etc.
- Lead the Project Teams in capture of lessons learned for improvement by future projects and Post Implementation Project Review. Share experience and lessons learned with relevant stakeholders and across the Group.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Project Management Governance System and Project Management Academy initiatives in line with the Group’s corporate requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 20 years relevant experience in the development and execution of large project preferably in engineering, construction, or project management.
- Willing and be flexible to travel frequently as and when required.
- Capability to communicate effectively at all levels in both spoken and written English. Extensive experience in producing business reports and documentation in English is preferred.
- Capability in both spoken and written Chinese, Putonghua and simplified Chinese is an advantage.
- Experience with both an EPC company, OEM, or contractor and an Owner company is preferable.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to perform in a dynamic, multi-cultural, matrix organization and influence outcomes.
- A recognized university degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, structural or related discipline.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip energy business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its project development team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.