Senior Quanity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- The successful candidate will operate in a Senior Quantity Surveying role and be responsible for managing one or more projects within the company's portfolio of work.
- Specific duties will vary from project to project depending on the stage the project is at, however typical duties will include:
- Sub-contract procurement & management
- Monthly cost reporting
- Projecting cash flow forecasts
- Advising operational staff and other relevant departments on contractual issues including risk
- Identifying claims
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing own projects is essential.
- Experience of managing multiple small / medium sized projects is of particular interest.
- Some exposure to working on projects in excess of £10m is desired
- A bias towards working as a Quantity Surveyor on civil engineering projects such as marine, roads, bridges and tunnels is an advantage
- Middle East experience is desired, but not essential for strong candidates who meet all other criteria
- Suitable qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering such as BSc or HND or other similar equivalent is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist civil & marine main contractor based in Dubai, UAE with projects spread across the whole of the UAE including some in more remote parts of the country. They are a long standing and highly reputable main contractor in their specialist sector within the UAE