Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure operational use of standard commercial processes and procedures for the Project.
- Liaise with Operations, Engineering, and Planning Departments providing commercial where necessary
- Manage commercial staff including time keeping, leave, job targets and task measurement.
- Review the quality and accuracy of commercial staff works output.
- Sub-Contractor and Supplier Package administration from procurement through to final account
- Preparation of procurement bid analyses for Sub-Contractors and Suppliers.
- Manage and track all Sub-Contractor and Supplier commercial deliverables
- Ensure Sub-Contractor or Supplier agreements are complied with.
- To be proactive and provide recommendations on how to resolve issues with Sub Contractor and Supplier
- Conduct site visit and keep up to-date with site activities and progress.
- To constantly seek improvement and innovation on the Project to aid Project delivery and profitability.
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities within the capability or expertise of a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working for a main contractor in Hong Kong in the capacity of Senior Quantity Surveyor or similar position
- Experience working on large scale MTR, Infrastructure or Civil Engineering projects is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Motivational skills to manage and lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Candidates with less experience or from a consultancy background will also be considered
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional chartered status such as MRICS, MHKIS is preferred
- Candidates with similar or relevant equivalent qualifications will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading international construction and civil infrastructure company headquartered in Hong Kong delivering high-profile infrastructure and civil engineering projects throughout Asia. You will benefit from structured training and development support with long term career prospects. Full details will be disclosed to short-listed candidates.