Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting Senior Quantity Surveyor job role to join a leading specialist interior fit-out contractor to work on 5* hotel project in Central London. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in interior design & fit-out on luxurious projects.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible financial management of the fit-out project on a day-to-day basis. Current Project is a luxurious 5-star hotel in Central London, fit out works will include swimming pool, ballrooms and conference rooms.
Currently the project portfolio includes fit out projects of £30m to £60m in value, such as luxury hotels and residencies, alongside commercial properties.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will be working with JCT form of contract or Design & Build (D&B), or bespoke client contracts.
This Senior Quantity Surveyor job role will be split between working on site in Central London and working from home.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities will include:
- Procurement of Sub-Contractors, including the compilation of Sub-Contract comparisons and Sub-Contract orders.
- Valuation of variations, additional works, and provisional sum’s etc.
- Attending Client and Sub-Contract meetings to aid and ensure that all commercial aspects are captured.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Control and challenge costs for works undertaken by the contractors to ensure value for money and quality of works are upheld
- Negotiating with Contractors, Architects and Sub-contractors
- Produce Project feasibility estimates and initial project cost plans
- Managing costs related to Client Direct
- Monthly Cost reporting for the live project to the client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor, ideally with some experience at Senior level and taking responsibility or lead on projects delivery.
- Experience within similar projects, interior design/ fit-out within residential projects would be great to see.
- Previous experience of JCT contracts, projects of £5-10million in size (or more) and able to handle Quantity Surveying duties across the entire project lifecycle.
- An impressive knowledge of tender processes, capable of handling ever changing situations and comfortable in costing commercial environments and products.
- A successful track record running projects from start to finish
- A good understanding of the construction industry.
- Ability to interact at different levels with other key members of the project team.
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload.
- IT skills, with proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BSc Hons Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management degree or any other comparable construction qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This QS employer is a leading specialist interior fit-out contractor. They are privately owned and been operating in a variety of prestigious interior sectors, including prestige hotels, commercial interiors and luxury residences. This Project Quantity Surveyor role is London based, with flexible working from home arrangements.
The company prides themselves on providing exceptional level of service to their clients, which fostered strong and lasting business relationships. They are expecting steady growth of the business in the years ahead.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Full package disclosed to shortlisted Senior Quantity Surveyor Candidates.