Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a multi-profession national construction consultancy in their Leicester office on public sector building projects in the Midlands, with a strong team of commercial staff. You will be a Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous experience in the building sector, preferably for a consultancy organisation.
You will commercially manager a range of public sector building projects as Senior Quantity Surveyor. Projects will be in the Midlands area.
Responsibilities and Duties
As well as carrying out pre and post contract quantity surveying duties, you will also have requirements to carry out review and audit work. You will also be required to travel to client meetings acting as the key client interface if you show the capability, as well as travelling to other UK sites from time to time. This is however a Leicester office based role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of cost management of building projects from feasibility/option studies through to detailed cost planning and post contract cost management
- Experience in public sector projects
- Good knowledge of Value Engineering and Risk Management techniques
- Thorough understanding of JCT and NEC3 forms of contract
- Consultancy background - highly desirable
- You will hold a degree qualification as a preference
- Chartered Member of RICS is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a national, multi-disciplinary construction consultancy that work across various sectors including the public and private building and infrastructure sectors. They are continuously named as having one of the highest staff satisfaction rates in the industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.