Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8907 Consultant Katie Keenan Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary £50-55k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/03/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Senior Professional Quantity Surveyor/PQS is required to join the fast growing Leicester office of a UK and International consultancy, to work on a variety of building sector projects. You will join a rapidly expanding team and there will be plenty of opportunity for career progression and scope for learning with the company.
You will be working on a variety of projects which are positioned on sites ranging from Essex to the North Midlands. It is a Leicester office-based role with occasional site visits.
Current project values range from £2m to circa £25m in value.
You will be managing a portfolio of circa 3-4 projects/clients at any given time. These projects are mainly within the residential, retail and leisure sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act in a client facing role taking the overall cost management lead on projects
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tenders
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Prepare and / or review cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Acting as an Employers Agent where required on selected projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment is essential
- Professional Quantity Surveyor/PQS experience is essential
- Main Contractor experience will be considered alongside a strong PQS exposure
- Degree qualified is strongly desired
- Member of the RICS or CIOB is desired
- Non Chartered candidates with excellent experience as a PQS may also apply
- Salary expectations will be dependent on demonstrable experience and qualifications/membership of professional bodies
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a multidisciplinary top 20 construction QS consultancy in the UK, with multiple offices in overseas locations. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service to a clients of all sizes, including blue chip clients. They offer unrivalled project exposure and maintain an excellent staff retention rate across the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme, life assurance and pension contribution.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend