Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8813 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £50k - £65k + Package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 30/10/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a global consultancy where you will spend your time working on assignments within main contracting clients throughout London and the South East region.
The hiring company provide quantity surveying services to main contractor clients in London and the South East region. Therefore, the successful candidate will work in a post contract quantity surveying role, often embedded into the main contractor’s team on site.
You will spend your time on secondment into large main contractors and during your time with the business, you will gain exposure to a range of projects in the construction and engineering sectors.
Projects could be based anywhere within the central London and South East region, with every effort being made to keep candidates within a reasonable commute to their home.
The client are open to hiring candidates based in Central London or in any of the South Eastern counties such as Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Essex.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly into the Director of the business unit, who you will have regular contact with. However, you will spend the majority of your time, embedded into the client’s team and perform a post contract Quantity Surveying role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidate’s must have a strong contracting background, wither for a main contractor or sub-contractor
- Must be able to carry out the day-to-day post contract SQS role autonomously.
- Strong procedurally with exposure to industry best practices, systems and procedures
- Experience of using JCT or NEC forms of contract
- Experience on reasonably large value and complex projects is preferred. Clients are often large, reputable main contractors working on multi million GBP projects or framework agreements; therefore candidates need to have exposure to similarly sized projects / packages of work.
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a dynamic consultancy offering quantity surveying and construction disputes related services to its clients nationally. They have London Head Office with multiple regional offices throughout the UK, as well as overseas offices.
They have a friendly and professional working environment, where you will have direct and regular contact with senior Directors within the business. They can offer candidates work within reputable main contractor organisations, and a good variety of complex project exposure.
Every effort will be made to keep candidates on projects within a reasonable commute from their home base, therefore this role could suit candidates within the London and South East region that are currently experiencing issues relating to commuting distances and may consider roles closer to home.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £50k - £65k Basic Salary (Dependant on experience)
+ generous package + Bonus scheme
- Senior Quantity Surveyor South East Region - £50k - £65k + Package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator Ottawa, Canada - £90-125k
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Cotai Strip, Macau - HK$55K - HK$75K
- Senior Quantity Surveyor and Estimator Greater Toronto, Ontario - £90-125k
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Epsom, Surrey - £40k - £60k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend