Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7227 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region South East England Location Reading, Berkshire Salary GBP40-65k Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a major road job with site offices in Reading. The project is a major road and junction improvement scheme along the M4 corridor as part of major Highways England investment.
GBP200m major road junction improvement scheme as part of major Highways England capital investment.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be leading a team of other quantity surveyors and will be required to take overall responsibility for all of the project’s quantity surveying functions. Some duties your role will involve include:
- Carrying out periodic valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts.
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience
This civil engineering contractor is looking for extensive experience in a similar civil engineering contracting infrastructure environment.
- A sound and broad background.
- Successful pre and post contract and final account experience
- An understanding of the principles of contracts and a range of contract experience and knowledge eg. ECC, ICE, GC Works and NEC as well as the willingness to learn new forms of contract
- A diversity and quality of experience enabling you to take on a growing range of projects and duties rather than experience of one particular field
- Good communication skills and the ability to resolve issues with the confidence to undertake successful formal and informal negotiations
- Motivation to continue personal and professional development. A degree level QS qualification is sought but is not essential.
A QS degree and MRICS or equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major UK and international contractor with specialist capability in both major road contracts and road maintenance term contracts.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Company car
- Health scheme
- Medical scheme
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend