Senior Quantum Consultant
A new and exciting Quantum Senior Consultant job based in Hong Kong to work with experts in a specialist disputes division within a market-leading international disputes advisory consulting company.
An opportunity to work as a Senior Consultant based in Hong Kong has arisen to work with Quantum experts in a specialist construction disputes division working towards resolution of construction disputes through the process of arbitration.
This role would suit ambitious Consultants currently working within quantum disputes, Quantum Senior Consultants as well as Quantity Surveyors who are seeking progression within disputes and can demonstrate significant claims and quantum experience on live projects/contracts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a Senior Consultant within the specialist Quantum division of the construction disputes sector, you will work with the Hong Kong team, including senior quantum experts to support in individual arbitration matters to assist clients in acquiring the desired outcome.
- Deliver contract administration and commercial management advice.
- Developing claims and disputes strategies to meet client objectives.
- Support Quantum Expert Witnesses in providing highly analytical expert opinions with expert reports and joint statements for formal dispute resolution proceedings.
- Writing / Drafting and assisting with drafting detailed and accurate reports including the cost and claims provided on major disputes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years experience in the construction industry in Quantity Surveying or Professional Quantity Surveying, ideally 2 years of experience in contract, claims preparation and assessment.
- An analytical mind with motivation to solve problems, and careful written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the technical, commercial, and legal challenges facing today’s construction industry.
- Demonstrable skills in using relevant software tools such as: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak and similar IT tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or a similar degree in construction
- Master’s degree in applicable construction specialism, highly preferable a construction law LLM or similar.
- Ideally MRICS, MInstCES or equivalent qualified or working towards Chartership (not essential).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer holds specialisms in both quantum and delay services across the globe, supporting their clients when they are faced with their greatest challenges and opportunities through independent expert opinion services.
Working at this company will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside several market-leading industry experts on exciting and high-profile international arbitration work.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across the globe will be provided to shortlisted applicants.