Senior Risk ManagerRef MAX7786 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A Senior Risk Manager with demonstrable experience with a Main Contractor or Consultancy is sought to join a global construction consultancy on HS2 based In Birmingham. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take a step up in responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead risk, (threats and opportunity) and value management activities to actively manage risk and seek efficiencies across the area of the programme particularly cost and schedule;
- Lead on risk, cost and schedule assessment on all changes, whilst working in correlation with cost, change and planning managers for the area
- Manage, maintain and take ownership of area risk registers and the forward programme of risk management, ensuring input from relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage and take ownership of all relevant risk management data at area level.
- Lead the formulation, agree and communicate risk and compliance standards and strategies, and monitor and oversee their implementation throughout the project life cycle
- Support the head of project risk;
- Promote the joint evaluation of risks with delivery teams, contractors and suppliers to establish a basis for risk sharing and identification;
- Provide specialist expertise and consultancy and support in risk management across the organisation as required;
- Lead, guide, support and mentor other risk specialists to influence a large number of stakeholders throughout the organisation;
Desired Skills and Experience
- A relevant Risk Management qualification or equivalent relevant working knowledge;
- Substantial technical knowledge of risk management and risk management approaches, techniques and modelling capability.
- Substantial expertise in a project risk management role within large-scale infrastructure projects/commercial construction projects.
- able to apply risk management concepts and procedures to large scale projects
- able to provide specialist impartial advice to internal stakeholders
- Degree holder in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Chartership with a recognized institution is highly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction that are market leaders in numerous construction sectors worldwide. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend