Site Agent Structures
Construction careers don't get better than this exciting new opportunity for Site Agents Structures. Our client, a top-tier UK based contractor, is looking to appoint an experienced Site Agent Structures to join their HS2 JV team in London.
You will take control of the management of resources within a section or area as designated by the Construction Manager.
Manage and drive the works around the shafts and portals to progress, in accordance with the Contract Programme, to best commercial advantage, without prejudice to the health and safety of employees, sub-contractors or the public at large and taking into full account environmental considerations.
Manage and drive the training and development of the Site Engineering team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs with the Construction Manager, General Foreman and Subcontractors, Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and feedback any changes made to the QA and QS teams.
- Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the construction manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractors contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client, designer, RE staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes, variations, subcontractor attendance and records of work related discussions with client, designer, RE, project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field
- Produce monthly reports for financial forecasting, monitoring and control of project cost
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Key point of contact for clients for project progress
- Set the highest example for Health and Safety Requirements
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience delivering reinforced concrete structures
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence : MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Experience interfacing with tunnels; shafts and portals
- Ideally some experience in:
- Bridge construction
- Structural steel
- Reinforced concrete
- Temporary Works
- Major civils and infrastructure projects
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Civil engineering recruitment continues apace in UK. Our client, one of the top tier construction companies in UK, helps to improve peoples' lives with integrated leading edge smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation, and defence markets.
The JV is delivering a major portion of the tunneling across London for HS2. The value of the project is £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels , SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful candidate.