Area Utilities CAD Lead
We are working with a top-tier UK based civil engineering and rail contractor, to recruit an Area Utilities CAD Lead on their JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London. This is a senior and critical role to ensure that the health and safety of the excavations team is safe guarded against utility strikes, working to JV Utilities CAD standards, JV Project and Utilities BEPs.
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services. The JV is delivering the HS2 Main Civils and tunnels contracts with a combined value of around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Area Utilities CAD Lead duties and responsibilities
- Keep an Existing Utilities Master Coordinated Model up to date for utilities site teams carrying out Utilities works on behalf of JV Utilities team.
- Assisting in the verification of datasets on our CAD and GIS Systems to remove any duplicate datasets
- Knows and understands PAS128 and PAS256
- Form working relationships with the Information Management team to work with Bentley ProjectWise Management and work on BIM processes and procedures.
- Have a good understanding of what’s required for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP) and Model Production and Delivery Table (MPDT).
- Display an understanding regarding surveying equipment and how they work.
- Have a good understanding of rail projects, surveying, scanning and CAD software.
- Have good interpersonal skill and be able to work closely with other site disciplines.
- Have an appreciation of using FME to convert Snake Grid to OS Grid and vice versa.
- Able to mentor junior members of the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Area Utilities CAD Lead Desired Skills and Experience
- Has 5 or more years working with Bentley MicroStation V8i (Connect) or AECOsim (Open Building Designer).
- Has modelled from Point Cloud data and Photogrammetry.
- Have used Bentley ProjectWise and understands the workflow within it.
- Have BIM experience and knows Uniclass 2015.
- The role will require sufficient knowledge of non-invasive survey techniques such as EM (Electro Magnetic) and GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) all part of PAS128/ 256 standards.
- They will need to have a great understanding of modelling from POD files as well as Photogrammetry 3MX files all within Bentley MicroStation or AECOsim (Open Building Designer).
- Good work ethic, time keeping and attitude.
- Good attitude to safety and holder of a CSCS card.
- Relevant CAD related qualifications and accreditations
- Holder of a CSCS card
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Area Utilities CAD Lead candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2). The value of the project is around £2billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working. Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful Area Utilities CAD Lead candidate