Assistant Director Professional DevelopmentRef MAX8557 Job Posted 03/08/2018 Region Hong Kong Location Kwung Tong, Hong Kong Salary Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
The CIC is looking for a highly talented individual to fill the position of Assistant Director - Professional Development & Administration (HKIC).
The CIC is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry and promote good practices. The CIC acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Study the needs and trends of the Professional Training for the construction industry and to propose strategic and implementation plans for senior management’s consideration;
• Oversee and ensure the smooth operation of the Centre for Professional Development in the conduct of various training programmes in construction management training and safety training, as well as to review, formulate and execute strategies on the development of the Professional Training;
• Execute the agreed training strategies and policies relevant to the function of the CIC, including mapping out the implementation plan, liaising with various stakeholders and parties on its execution, monitoring and reviewing the progress on a regular basis;
• Review, develop and implement qualification ladders for various training programmes organised by the Campus;
• Liaise with industry stakeholders and to develop specific professional training programmes according to their needs;
• Review the existing training curriculum and contents in civil engineering, building, electrical & mechanical engineering, etc. and propose enhancement measures so as to ensure that they meet the needs and demands of the industry and fulfill the requirement of Qualification Framework (QF);
• Plan, implement and manage projects and contracts, as well as to monitor and control programmes, cost and quality of such projects;
• Supervise Administration and Support team and ensure the smooth running of various committees and sub-committees;
• Perform information research, studies, analyses and providing reporting together with recommendations for senior management’s consideration;
• Prepare business plans, work plans, reports, presentation files, discussion papers and other documents;
• Carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 15 years’ post-qualification experience in education or training, familiar with the Hong Kong education system as well as vocational / adult training, in particular the development and implementation of Qualification Framework (QF);
• Track record of success in change management and project management;
• Capability to develop plans and strategies in vocational education and training, curriculum development, solicit and analyse feedback, and accomplish assigned tasks independently and with quality to meet strict deadlines;
• Creativity and determination to realise goals and plans;
• Strong motivation with excellent organising and time management skills; be result-oriented;
• Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to influence all levels of hierarchy;
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must; and
• Construction-related background is preferred but not essential.
Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.
Recognised degree in the area of education or vocational training.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
CIC is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters. This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefit.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend