Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to join the Essex office (just outside the M25) of a renowned national construction and property consultancy to work on local authority projects. You will be an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, assisting with the provision of pre and post contract services on projects in London and the South East. The company work on projects including education, health, residential, mixed-use, retail, hotels and other areas of the building sector.
You will predominantly work on local authority projects as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. Project values will be £multi-million in most cases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting on projects from feasibility stage through to completion
- Preparation of tender reports
- Assisting in / taking ownership of the analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Preparation of cost plans
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Assisting in the preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients with a Director / Senior member of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some experience for a professional quantity surveying firm is essential
- Capability to be client facing either now or in the future, and deliver services consistently to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited course is strongly preferred
- Chartered, on route, or willingness to become MRICS status
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy that provide consultancy services in sectors that include education, health, mixed use, residential, leisure, industrial, commercial offices, retail and sports stadiums. The company operates offices spreading from London to Leeds so offer a national service with local expertise.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance on top of a competitive basic salary, as well as other benefits such as health, pension, and bonus scheme.