Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to join a global construction cost and claims consultancy company, to work on exciting rail projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with some experience in the rail sector to work alongside the Commercial Manager on these projects.
Projects will all be in the rail sector, with high profile rail clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing commercial support to the team, including provision of reporting and system based transactional activities for the whole project and programme portfolio as directed - Actively involved in the day to day commercial administration of lower value / lower risk contracts
- Support the assessment & valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with contractual terms & conditions, commensurate with contractual entitlement.
- Provide associated advice and information to Project Managers on change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority.
- Measure from drawings or on site to establish quantities.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost and quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports, using cost modelling tools as required. - Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the production of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, producing supporting documentation as appropriate. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out as per the project authority and project plan within agreed timescales.
- Monitor and report on commercial aspects of projects, flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to responsible management and carry out allocated duties in accordance with corporate governance escalating any matters which might lead to corporate governance being breached and taking action to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Support finance reporting within the Client’s reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost and Value of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value; and provide robust Cost Analysis Feedback.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings. For multi-year framework agreements, support the agreement and produce reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
- Support the compilation of supplier performance reports as per the relevant Client’s process, and as defined within certain contracts. Keep commercial records up to date in properly maintained files and subsequently archive (and adequately record) the documents, following commercial close out.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a consultancy, in the rail sector
- Degree qualified or equivalent is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing Company have an unmatched combination of breadth and depth of expertise across a worldwide network. They work on major projects in the UK and worldwide as a project service company, and also a claims advisory/Expert Witness basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading benefits package.