Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- To support the QS team to manage all commercial aspects of allocated projects with Company procedure.
- To represent and serve the best interests of the company to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
- To liaise and collaborate with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities.
Duties will include (not limited to):
- Assist with ensuring optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- To assist with procurement of sub-contract works in accordance with company procedure.
- Assist in the compilation and sending out of subcontract tender enquiries during the procurement period.
- Assist in the analysis of subcontractor returns.
- Assist in the compilation of subcontract orders for signature.
- Walk the project daily and become aware of current progress.
- Enquire of all matters potentially giving rise to delayed completion and/or increased project cost.
- Assist in the production of the Company Final Account.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in the construction industry.
- Numerate and literate.
- Driven and self motivated.
- Good listener.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate, possessing both verbal and written skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a commercial role.
- Wishing to undertake further education toward professional membership of the CIOB / RICS
- Degree qualified or studying towards.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.