Associate Director - Claims
A construction claims expert at Associate Director level is needed for a well regarded claims consultancy based in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful claims consultant applicant will Integrate within the management team at the Company and participate in management meetings, and the daily operations of the Company.
Provide senior level quantity surveying and commercial & contractual consultancy services to Clients as required, including,
- Drafting / review / advice on contractual correspondence;
- Drafting / review / advice on contracts and subcontract documents;
- Preparation, negotiation and defence of claims and counterclaims in respect of extension of time (EOT), loss and expense, disruption, prolongation, and relief from liquidated damages.
- Dispute resolution advice and assistance to any Client as required, including preparation of documentation in support of arbitrations, mediations and other ADR procedures.
- Contracts administration;
- Managing junior staff
- Any other expert advice and assistance as required
- Assist with the management and execution of Company administration, encompassing, in particular, identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities to assist with the Company’s expansion targets.
The successful applicant should be able to integrate with the management team and assist with daily operations and identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities to continue the company’s expansion throughout the region. This is a long term career position and there will be an opportunity for promotion to director level after a successful preliminary phase.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working on building and civil engineering projects.
- Dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation and litigation support work.
- Expert witness work would be an advantage.
- Professional contractual and claims preparation, advice and assistance
- Contracts administration
- The applicant is likely to be a Qualified Quantity Surveyor, but applicants with the appropriate experience and other qualifications will be considered.
- MRICS or HIKS or equivalent is expected
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading Hong Kong based construction claims and expert witness consultancy.
Established many years, they offer high quality dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation and litigation support work to their range of consultancy and contracting clients in Hong Kong and around Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable salary and bonus package