Associate Director - Claims
A Director / Associate Director is required to join a fantastic claims, dispute avoidance and expert witness consultancy in their office in Sheffield. This is an excellent opportunity for hands on senior claims professional to head up a team of disputes staff whilst managing exciting claims and disputes on behalf of clients. The ideal candidate will have a Quantum background, though individuals with Delay Planning backgrounds will also be considered.
You will work on a large variety of projects as a senior member of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will include (not limited to):
- Perform in a hands on claims / disputes management role
- Manage a team of Quantum / Delay Analysts
- Aid in the growth of the business by bringing / winning new clients
- Continuing to build the company reputation in the business and legal community
- Work alongside current Directors of the business in a strategic role
- Attracting exceptional people to support the business at every level as required, forming a succession plan for the future
Desired Skills and Experience
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Claims, dispute avoidance and commercial management experience
- Main Contracting staff with a wealth of in house claims experience will be considered
- Evidence of key relationships with clients and legal professionals
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadline
- Knowledge of the NEC contract is preferable
- Degree qualified or equivalent in construction related topic is desired
- Post graduate diploma or similar in Construction Law related topic is desired
- Member or Fellow of the RICS is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading claims and disputes company that operates in the claims, dispute avoidance, and expert witness sectors of construction. They employ Quantum and Time staff at all levels and work on behalf of clients of a varying nature as construction dispute specialists.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offers a competitive salary as well as coverage of fees for further qualifications in Construction Law.