Associate Director Delay Analysis
A construction Delay Analyst is needed to join the Hong Kong office of a premium international construction disputes and expert witness consultancy.
Suitable candidates will have planning experience and at least 3+ years of dedicated delay analysis experience.
There is a new Delay Analyst job vacancy for a seasoned dispute professional with planning, cost analytics and scheduling experience as well as a broad understanding of construction and engineering concepts to be based in Hong Kong with the construction disputes team.
Suitable candidates will possess experience in management / leadership roles in construction planning and scheduling and have recently gained some strong experience of dispute resolution relating to Delay Analysis.
Strong analytical problem solving, and communications skills are essential for this challenging construction Delay Analyst role with a premium international consultancy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As an Associate Director within the delay analysis specialist division, you will be tasked with identifying the best approach to individual litigation/arbitration matters in order to assist clients in attaining a desired legal decision.
- As an experienced planning professional, with an understanding of delay analysis, you will undertake the review of technical and non-technical documentation (construction schedules, blueprints and technical engineering drawing, reports, correspondence, market data, weather reports, financial data, etc.…) to identify key details and metrics used to develop the necessary expert reports.
- You will have the skills and ability to review large datasets using multiple analytical methods and tools to identify tends, anomalies, and other details which may have led to cost and schedule overruns.
- You will be able to apply analytical methods to large datasets to calculate schedule delays and cost overruns in largescale construction projects and be able to quantify the applicable delays and damages.
- You will analyse financial data and market data to determine lost profits due to schedule delays and cost overruns.
- The Delay Analysis Associate Director role will require you to assist in drafting expert reports, converting technical data into a narrative to be submitted to appropriate legal entities.
- The Delay Analysis Associate Director role will also require management skills on order to manage facets of small to medium sized engagements, or components of large engagements. This could include staff supervision, client interaction and relationship building and management.
- You will be able to develop work plans and assist with marketing and/or proposal development for existing and prospective clients.
- Involvement is also expected with the Business Development process; to include participation in new business pursuits and client presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Delay Analysis Associate Director job role described above, it is expected that suitable Delay Analyst candidates will have:
- 10 or more years’ experience working in a relevant construction project management, scheduling, or cost controls capacity
- Be able to evidence a minimum of 3 years’ experience working specifically on construction disputes, to include arbitration and/or litigation specialism
- Ability to create an As Planned vs As Built delay analysis from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting reports for litigation/arbitration (demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English
- Be able to demonstrate strong skills using relevant software tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak & similar
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level staff and to be able to supply redacted copies of high quality reports)
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to non-technical audience
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction or engineering
- Master’s degree in relevant construction specialism highly desirable
- Construction law related qualification or membership highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer works within the specialisms of both quantum and delay and offers independent expert opinion services to their large international client base.
They specialise in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, and other specialist services across a number of sectors.
Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
The experts working for this organisation have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and quantum matters, and their dispute services include forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Annual bonus
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance