An Associate Director is required to join the infrastructure division of a leading international construction consultancy in their central London office, working on projects in the civil engineering sector. You will be working on large scale projects including highways, bridges, and other major infrastructure projects. You will support the management direction and lead the cost management team whilst being accountable for key account management and other business development related activity.
You will be working on major projects in the civil engineering sector including highways, bridges, and other major infrastructure projects in the UK, whilst having some exposure to major international projects also.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the companies specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- Experience of working in the UK construction market
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the cost management teams prior to issue.
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills.
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven industry experience in the civil engineering sector.
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for various sized construction projects and medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project.
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in one of the following fields: construction, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering, surveying or architecture.
- Masters in Quantity Surveying or Cost Management or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Chartered member a professional body such as the RICS is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including pension contribution (x2 of what you contribute up to 6% [maximum +12% on top]), bonus twice a year, health cover, 25 days holiday with option to buy/sell holiday days, and option to carry 10 days holiday over per year and maintain into following years.