Responsibilities and Duties
You will be involved on pre-contract works for various highways schemes, as well as have access to the wider business playing a vital role in the development of the company. Major Projects the company are currently working on include the construction of the Mersey Gateway, and the construction of the Manchester Airport Relief Road.
- Leading/assisting the cost management duties on projects
- Carrying out all pre and post contract duties on a range of projects
- Responsibility for day to day management and assisting with resource management of those in the team.
- Specialising in the civil engineering sector and leading a team of surveyors
- Taking responsibility for your team and projects involved in
- Carrying out regular one-to-one and performance development reviews with junior members of the sector team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Experience working on civil engineering projects is essential
- At least some consultancy experience is strongly preferred
- You will need strong communication skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a team (particularly in a leadership role).
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field such as quantity surveying will be advantageous, as will progression towards membership of a professional institute such as the RICS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a leading cost consultancy and quantity surveying practice with an unrivalled reputation in major highways, civil engineering, rail, utilities and building projects, both in the UK and overseas.