A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director to head up a new business unit based out of Sheffield. The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with Employers Agent & Project Management experience, and who is motivated to drive a business unit forward in a business development role whilst recruiting and managing a team of consultants as you grow the division. There is no limited scope for this role and you will initially receive the support of the CEO in developing the business unit, with a view to taking full responsibility for the unit over time.
Purpose of the new division
The purpose of the new division is to provide professional services in respect to the Employers Agent and Project Management role for clients, using the JCT D&B and NEC3 forms of contract.
There is no limited construction sector for the role, as this will depend on your individual sector experience and identifying where you and the CEO can best grow the business, and in which locations. The CEO has visions in place but is flexible on target sector, as this will depend on the contacts you can bring and / or create for the business unit.
Overview of the role
Your role as the Associate Director and business unit lead will be to drive a new business unit forward in a development role, whilst recruiting and managing a team of consultants as you grow the division. The purpose of the new division is to provide professional services in respect to the Employers Agent and Project Management role for clients, so experience in these areas is key, as well as a strong working knowledge of the JCT D&B and NEC3 forms of contract.
There is no limited scope for personal growth in this role, and you will initially receive the support of the CEO in driving the new business unit forward, with a view to taking full responsibility for the unit over time. You will have the flexibility to target areas as wide as is achievable whilst attaining profitable growth, with no initial budget in place for the division, although it is anticipated that the unit can conceivably amount to 6 consultants in under 3 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some specific duties will include (not limited to):
- Carry out the full scope and role of Employers Agent in respect to JCT D&B projects
- Carry out the full scope and role of Project Manager in respect to the NEC3 form of contract
- Assist in the development of the new business unit
- Assist in the development of an employer base for the division
- Be actively involved in recruitment when necessary
- Target appropriate sectors of the industry using your relevant experience, decision making skills, and market knowledge
- Manage client’s expectations together with assisting them to formulate strategies throughout the whole process, from Feasibility to Completion
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of providing professional services of EA and PM roles
- Fully competent with JCT D&B and NEC3 contracts is preferred
- Experience of and ability to be client facing
- Experience of working successfully with employers from feasibility through to completion on projects
- Experience of, or ability to assist in developing business relationships with appropriate organisations for long term profitability, promoting the company products and services
- A good team builder and manager
- To be able to communicate across all levels including Main Board Directors
- An understanding of the relevant procurement routes and processes pursued by employers seeking to appoint EA’s and PM’s
- Solid report writing skills
- Chartered Member of the RICS or CIOB is preferred or similar qualification
- MSc or ambition to attain a similar qualification would be advantageous
- Business or Management qualifications would be beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a fantastic, growth minded firm which expert knowledge of construction and construction contracts in the UK. One of their many USP’s is their expert contractual knowledge which they use to back up their reputable work in construction disputes and construction consultancy services. New employees receive the full support of the company’s knowledge to ensure a smooth boarding process, within a transparent company culture.
The company are market leaders in construction claims and disputes services, and are now promoting growth of a new division using their previous successes and market knowledge of UK construction.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Car allowance, private healthcare, pension contribution scheme of up to 5%, company bonuses. Individual performance is also taken into account.