Associate Director Planning, Project ControlsRef MAX8636 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Salary HK$60K-HK$100K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 04/06/2019 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
An international planning and programming consultancy is seeking a competent planning professional (planning, programming, PMO, project controls, claims ) as Associate Director to join their team and drive business growth.
Based in HQ in Hong Kong, reporting to the Branch Directors and Profit Centre Managers you will manage and resource the assigned business unit to achieve its corporate mission, goals and objectives within the specific functions and geographic areas for which the Associate Director is responsible, including specific projects assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for actively seeking, developing and maintaining sufficient paying work for the team for and striving for steady growth in turnover, services, clients and profit in real terms.
- Manage and co-ordinate all projects assigned, in line with the agreed project plan and budget.
- Ensure that the teams are adequately resourced and technically supported.
- Responsible for performance against budgets contained in the Business Plan for functions, projects, regions assigned.
- Ensure that commercial risks (financially and professionally) are minimised
- Monitor government actions and commercial trends to identify opportunities and/or risks for the group.
- Participate in, and actively support the on-going staff training programme.
- Actively participate in maintaining staff morale and encouraging initiative and acceptance of responsibility by team members.
- Attend, as and when appropriate, Service Delivery Meetings and Management Meetings.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and promote a high company image
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to undertake any programme across s all industries
- Manage complex projects and large portfolios
- Expertise with several disciplines - scope, time, cost, quality, risk, procurement, communications and resource management
- Project reporting, reporting on all facets of a project
- Risk Issues, Change/ Scope Management, Portfolio Dependency Management, Doc Management, Cost, Advanced Portfolio Enterprise Management, System Establishment, Health Checks, Workshop Facilitation, Service Management Plans – communication training of staff clients.
- Advanced experience with all major planning Software used within the group
- Business unit management and Business profitability
- Client relationship building
- Maximise the opportunity to profit
- Financial Management Cost control skills (i.e. keeping to budget, managing variations etc.)
- Quality Assurance & understanding corporate governance
- Well-developed people management skills and leadership skills
- Expertise in several areas of a Project Management Methodology
- Excellent verbal oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Cantonese is necessary
- Degree in engineering or similar discipline
- Project Management Accreditation
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Recognised for over 25 years as one of the leading construction consultancies worldwide, our client’s experience enables them to support their portfolio of clients across multiple disciplines from drawing board through to delivery.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend