Associate Director Town PlanningRef MAX9196 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Northpoint, Hong Kong Island Salary HK$90-120K / m + benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 19/07/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
The Maxim recruitment team continues to offer fantastic civil engineering careers as our client, a blue chip global multi disciplinary design and engineering construction consultants is seeking to appoint a an experienced Associate Director Town Planning with a strong track record in urban planning who can provide advice to their growing markets and develop a practice serving a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors, working closely with their multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of major infrastructure and development projects.
You will be based full time in our client's HQ in North Point, Hong Kong island. We are looking for someone with a real passion for town planning and the skills to deliver transformative and high-quality infrastructure and communities. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to utilise and develop their planning knowledge by working within a dynamic team responding to a wide range of opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading on the preparation of planning studies and submissions, strategy and policy documents, evidence-based studies and associated advice.
- Providing planning advice to external and internal clients and being able to flexibly lead, provide input into, or co-ordinate planning related deliverables.
- Working with senior colleagues to identify, develop and pursue new business and marketing opportunities across a range of sectors, and managing or supporting responses to tender opportunities and fee proposals.
- Developing a team, hiring, managing, mentoring and supporting junior colleagues, and supporting resource and workload allocation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in Government and or consultancy, with preference for those who have experience in both.
- Sound in-depth knowledge of planning law and procedures.
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary planning projects;
- Good report writing, verbal and presentation skills, and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss planning issues, in English and Cantonese.
- A proactive approach, motivated and organised, with good time management skills and able to work both independently and in teams.
- Commercial awareness and business development skills.
- Work under pressure, with excellent time management and success in meeting tight deadlines;
- Manage and work on multiple assignments delivering outputs on time and within budget;
- Work well as part of multi-disciplinary teams with the confidence to input effectively as an individual across a range of projects;
- Prepare accurate and well-presented reports and presentations to a high standard;
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss planning issues;
- Flexibly apply knowledge and experience to a wide variety of planning related tasks.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, determined, resilient
- A relevant town planning degree
- Full HKIP membership or related equivalent professional membership.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
They are one of Hong Kong’s leading built environment consultancies, at the forefront of planning and delivery of infrastructure and development and the use of digital data to support their work, providing strategic advice, design and engineering to both public sector and private sector clients on a wide range of interesting projects.
They have a growing portfolio of exciting and challenging projects across Asia offering excellent construction careers to international and local applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary, flexi hours, bonus, additional medical. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including additional fringe benefits of maternity, paternity leave and long term career development opportunities.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend