Associate Loan Monitoring Specialist
A Senior or aspiring Partner level Loan Monitoring specialist is required to join a reputable consultancy firm in Vancouver, British Columbia. The successful candidate will lead the loan monitoring team and service within the multidisciplinary business, reporting directly to the business owners.
Applications are welcome from high calibre Loan Monitoring experienced candidates from within Canada or from Loan Monitoring professionals who are committed to coming to work in Vancouver, Canada who are eligible to apply for a work permit or right to work with this potential employer's help
The candidate appointed to this Associate Loan Monitoring job role will lead a team of cost and loan monitoring professionals who are already working on many of Vancouver’s exciting new development projects. You will also provide a range of technical expertise to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
The primary focus of the Loan Monitoring Associate will be to focus on complex building projects and the key financial monitoring and reporting processes to ensure smooth and profitable financial closure.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior or Partner Loan Monitor job duties and role will focus on business management and client management of the Loan Monitoring service provision, but will also require an understanding and management of staff working on the core service deliverables of:
- Preparing cost plans
- Preparing cash flow projection
- Assessing the project budget and time schedules
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements
- Checking designs in the context of budget preparation
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Reporting on, measuring and valuing variations
- Performing site inspections
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Identifying any risk factors throughout the project
- Interacting with consultants and trade contractors in a professional manner.
- Supervising and managing junior Cost Consultants performing loan monitoring and lender technical advisor job duties.
- Checking designs meet legal and quality standards by relying on consultant reports.
- Providing opinion on the adequacy of the contingency reserves.
The Associate Loan Monitor role will also include the responsibility for:
Communicating with developer’s team on potential cost overruns and schedule delays and attempt to pre-agree the budget or schedule adjustments before reporting to the lender.
Preparing and presenting cash flow and cost management advice at a high level to clients
Interpreting and offering cost planning advice regarding the financial feasibility of projects to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or similar background and will be able to demonstrate evidence of working at either a Senior Consultant level or at Partner level within Loan Monitoring work.
Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly preferred
Professional membership of the RICS, CIQS, PQS or a similar equivalent professional body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer that provides an outstanding Loan Monitoring service to banks and developers is a development consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives