Asssistant Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK's most highly respected main contractors requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their Cambridge office. The successful candidate will join a busy business unit delivering projects in the Cambridgeshire area.
This business unit typically delivers projects in the built environment, including commercial, educational and residential developments between £3m - £40m in value. These projects will largely be within the Cambridgeshire area, sometimes including projects into surrounding counties including into East Anglia.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will provide commercial support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor on one or more projects depending on the complexity of the project. You will work closely with senior members of staff and learn from leading industry professional working to the highest standards of systems and procedures which will give you a fantastic start to you Quantity Surveying career:
Typical duties include:
- Taking measurements
- Payment of sub-contractors
- Writing reports
- Gathering data
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have some post qualification experience with a reputable national or regional contractor
- Ideally candidates will have had exposure to new build / refurbishment / fit-out projects already and understand the fundamental packages & processes involved in such projects
- Candidates should be ambitious and driven individuals hungry to learn
- Excellent communication skills are required
- The ability to gather/ record data and present it accurately
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's most respected contractors. They have a reputation for being a fantastic employer and nationally, they have delivered signature projects across the UK. The Cambridgeshire office deals with smaller to medium sized projects ranging between £3m - £40m, typically in the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £35k (Depending on experience) +Benefits