CDM Principal Design Manager
Our Client, a leading construction consultancy, is looking for a CDM Design Manager to work with our public and private sector clients on a mixture of new build, refurbishment and maintenance schemes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out the duties of the Principal Designer in line with the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015
- Engage with clients and designers to positively influence, enhance and integrate health & safety / design risk management into the project team, design team meetings and the construction phase
- Take ownership and lead the design risk management process whilst applying the general principles of prevention
- Effectively plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety during the pre-construction phase when most design work is carried out.
- Take account of various aspects of the project including usability, functionality, future maintainability, life cycle building management and identify residual risks at all stages of the project
- Identify, compile and issue suitable project specific pre-construction information to assist contractors in managing significant risk once construction begins
- Health & Safety File compilation.
- Provide clear, concise and practical health and safety advice, guidance and coaching to project teams at all stages of the project when required.
- Management of multiple projects for key clients to the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience & knowledge of construction design process
- Previous CDMC experience (CDM 2015)
- Experience of working as a Health & Safety Advisor within the construction industry
- Computer literate (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Good time management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with both clients and contractors
- Ability to manage workload efficiently
- Effective decision maker and excellent team player
- Commitment to company's Equality and Diversity policies and values
- Hold a NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Valid within the last 5 years
- Technical, Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH
- Hold a design qualification. i.e. engineer or architect but not limited to either
- Level 6 qualification – NVQ level 4 or 5 in health and safety (NEBOSH/City & Guilds)
- Full driving license
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Global multi sector construction services provider which adopts an innovative, collaborative and nurturing approach to the delivery of its commissions and the satisfaction of its clients. Please get in touch if you would like to hear more!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive remuneration package available to the very best talent.