Chartered Building SurveyorRef MAX9153 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Lancashire Salary £60k - £90k + Lucrative quarterly bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 20/05/2021 Status Live
A Chartered Building Surveyor is required to work for a construction claims and disputes consultancy based in Lancashire.
The successful candidate will have prior experience of working on construction disputes and be able to provide support to a testifying expert in assessing technical issues relating to construction projects.
The client provides advice to clients on technical disputes within the construction industry. At present they are particularly busy working on a number of cladding related issues on projects up and down the country.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as a Senior Consultant within the business will be to provide support to the lead expert on one or more disputes. Your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Visiting site to inspect work
- Liaising with the various parties involved in the dispute to get the relevant information you require to carry out your analysis
- Reviewing large quantities of data including drawings, contract documents, correspondence between various parties involved in the dispute
- Assessing and determining where faults have been made and the issues surrounding faults. Including where the who was at fault. i.e. was it an architectural, engineering or workmanship fault.
- Writing reports based on your findings and backing them up with facts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience as a Building Surveyor or in a similar role on involved on construction disputes
- Excellent technical expertise on a range of building projects
- Strong writing skills. The ability to draft/write high level expert reports in both a persuasive and impartial manner to be used in legal proceedings.
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional approach with string client facing skill
- Good knowledge of building processes and regulations
- Candidates must be chartered building surveyors. Ideally members of the RICS, however similar equivalents may be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy with multiple offices in the UK and overseas. They provide a range of claims and disputes related services to their clients on prestigious projects and disputes both domestically and internationally.
This role sits specifically within the Technical division of the hiring company, which is small but growing division within the wider business. You will join a small team of experienced chartered surveyors providing to support to the Director and expert witness within the division.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £60k - £90k basic salary (DOE)
+ Lucrative quarterly bonus structure
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend