Chief of StaffRef MAX9120 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$180K / m ++ Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 25/03/2021 Status Live
If you are interested to explore client side project management jobs, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business, is seeking to identify and appoint a heavy hitting Chief of Staff to act as "Air Traffic Controller" for the Capital Works Director of a major rail business In Hong Kong. This is an executive management appointment.
Our client is seeking someone who is diplomatic, can work & network well with people and can influence others without resorting to authority.
Someone who perhaps has worked in project liaison, coordination field for a long time with an engineering background and with exposure to different major projects.
Someone who has experience of PMO and managing project admin team including training.
Someone who has done a previously similar role in a sizeable organisation with good ties with the Government and knowledge of the construction railway industry would definitely be worth considering.
You will be based in our clients Headquarters on Kowloon side, Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Capital Works Director, you will be a member of the Capital Works Leadership Team and will lead the newly-created Chief of Staff Office in the Capital Works Business Unit. You will:
- Work closely with the Capital Works Director to ensure the Capital Works Business Unit’s strategy is up to date, relevant, and aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation, identifying areas where change is required and leading the development of any change
- Build strong internal and external networks, acting as an advocate for the Capital Works Business Unit, ensuring the Capital Works Director and the Capital Works Leadership Team understand the needs and aspirations of key stakeholders and work with them to develop strategies to shape and meet those needs
- Lead the communication capability in the Capital Works Business Unit, in collaboration with the Corporate Affairs function, and ensure appropriate internal and external communication, stakeholder engagement and Government liaison to promote and support the works of the Business Unit
- Lead the competency and resource management capability in the Capital Works Business Unit, such that the Business Unit’s resource levels and skills needs are identified and, in collaboration with the Learning and Development Department, suitable modern training and development arrangements are available including technical, project management and soft skills
- Provide administrative support to the Business Unit and oversee, in collaboration with the Information Technology Services Department, the provision of IT support to users within the Business Unit, facilitating automated business processes and enabling the delivery of the Business Unit’s digital agenda
- Provide business improvement oversight across the Business Unit, identifying and driving opportunities for continuous improvement, by drawing on the experience of those within and outside the business
- Provide leadership and direction to the Chief of Staff Office to ensure quality of service, consistency of approach, engagement with appropriate internal and external stakeholders, and adoption of best practices
- Build and maintain an engaged, motivated and dynamic team, with a can-do, innovative, continuous improvement and one mindset
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in business and or project management, of which at least 5 years should be spent in a similar capacity
- Excellent business management knowledge and project management skills, preferably gained in a multi-disciplinary technical environment
- Effective communication in both spoken and written English and Chinese is preferred, with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- A recognised degree in a related discipline (e.g. Engineering, Communications, Training & Development), preferably possessing a second degree in Business Management
- Corporate Membership from a recognised professional institution
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its business improvement, communications, resource management and administrative support across its newly formed Capital Works Team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend