China Quality Control Manager - Welded Vessel FabricationRef MAX8407 Job Posted 04/07/2018 Region China Location Wuxi, near Shanghai Salary Neg Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
We are recruiting for a world leader in the fields of engineering and supply of plants and equipment for the oils and fats industries, to recruit a Quality Control Manager with a hands-on knowledge of fabricated vessel manufacturing and quality control to join their team and head up their China operations. Based in Wuxi, China.
A Mechanical engineer with about 15-18 years experience in handling day to day quality management of process engineering vessel fabrication in a similar or related industry. Preference would be for candidate with direct relevant experience in edible oil , fat industry equipment.
This role calls for a genuine team player capable of handling our large workshop engineering , QC teams as well as group China QC resources ,
harness them efficiently and achieve desired KPAs in short time frame and to help me drive our system/process oriented approach to vessel fabrication.
Responsibilities and Duties
•Reporting to the Global Quality Manager, this role will be a crucial element of group's Global quality senior management , responsible for all China fabricated proprietary vessel quality , travelling throughout China to the multitude of workshops, suppliers and partners, managing quality control and functioning for group subcontractors.
•You will have direct reporting control 5-6 QC inspectors in Wuxi
•Working with the global inspection and logistics teams, ensure that all proprietary vessels manufactured conform to group’s required level of quality:
-built in accordance with drawings and specifications.
-quality of proprietary vessels manufactured is verified as per Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs).
-completed vessels are surface protected for transport in accordance with approved procedures
-completed vessels are prepared for transport in accordance with approved procedures
•Hands on physical inspection of the vessels, machinery and plant is expected and required
•Document quality of manufactured vessels via reports sent to respective project managers.
-Routine inspection progress report.
-Inspection release note of a fabricated vessel
•Help to hire and train inspectors an develop their skills.
-Audit local inspector work for compliance
-Recommend rotations of inspectors across workshops
•Gather feedback from workshops concerning means to improve manufacturability, lower cost or improve quality or appearance.
•Maintain existing & create new Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of handling, understanding and interpreting vessel drawings
- direct experience of working in a fabrication shop for a few years as quality inspector (Consider this mandatory)
- Fluent in Mandarin and Chinese technical terms with a good command of spoken and written English for interacting with group global technical executives.
- Good team player with demonstrable experience of working in a team environment in a senior/guiding role for at least 3-5 years
- Thorough understanding of vessel production systems, Quality assurance plans, Inspection & testing methods
- Ability to work with lead and inspire our existing of team of existing QC Inspectors at Wuxi , thorough his experience and knowledge of mechanical fabrication
- Improve communication with workshops and group global team to bring about discernible change in our China workshop fabrication and QC methods
- Assist China/Global purchase Manager and his team with relevant updates and inputs for commercial aspects of vessel purchase
- Assist global logistics Manager and his team for smooth, timely transport and shipment of purchases from the workshops
•Relevant experience is sought over academic qualifications. Highly skilled technicians with experience of supervising vessel fabrication workshops are encouraged to apply!
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a world leader in the fields of engineering and supply of plants and equipment for the oils, fats, animal feed industries, detergents, surfactants and related chemical industries and the oleochemical and biodiesel industries. The subcontract workshops and partners are based throughout Asia. Within the region, there are physical group offices in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Shanghai and Bangalore.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
•Attractive salary package x 13 months
•Employee Provident Fund
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend