Civil Engineering Head Of Contracts And ProcurementRef MAX9015 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Other Overseas Location Pakistan Salary USD15K / m + all found Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 14/11/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
Our client is seeking to appoint a Chartered Civil Engineer to act as Head of Contracts and Procurement on a major infrastructure project in a remote region of Pakistan.
Reporting to the Project Consultant, you will lead the contracts and procurement of a major USD2Bln civil infrastructure project awarded on a FIDIC form of contract. This is a part time rotational role based on 2 months on site and 2 months off. You will be based on the project campus in a beautifully remote but safe and secure region of Pakistan. Accommodation, living, airfares, transport, medical etc all covered by the client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- review and respond to documents including construction program and construction activities submitted by the contractors, in cooperation with Resident Engineers;
- review, analyze and evaluate claims and relevant documents submitted by the contractors, and prepare evaluation reports;
- provide early warning and identification of technical and site issues that may result in construction claims;
- assist and cooperate with Project Manager and relevant engineers to issue variation orders for whole contracts;
- assist and cooperate with Project Manager and relevant engineers to settle claims and issue certificates for whole contracts; and
- prepare and submit all required reports and documents particularly for contract administration, together with maintenance of records of payments and disbursement, attendance at Contractors’ progress and measurements meetings and any special meetings with the Employer;
- and management and supervision of contract and procurement section staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of high value infrastructure projects including civils, roads, rail, tunnelling,
- Expert in contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- Experience of being the lead commercial/cost professional on numerous projects
- It is anticipated that applicants will need to have had around 30 years’ experience in a relevant role to have the commercial, legal and contractual skills that are required.
- Demonstrable administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills in English.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent and MICE or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client, based in Hong Kong, is an international consultancy providing bespoke project and contract management services to major clients globally.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive tax free salary available plus all accommodation, business class airfares, in country transport, living, medical costs covered
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend