A well established claims consultancy is looking for Quantity Surveyors with some previous claims experience to join their team. They can provide excellent training and offer a competitive salary package.
Handle claims for main contractor clients in Hong Kong
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be doing exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- Research and produce claims correspondence and submissions to the clients
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Provide support to contractor in client negotiations
- Act in a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor in Hong Kong
- Experienced in preparing claims or undertaking compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation in a contracting QS capacity
- Project experience on larger projects preferred, but candidates with specific strong experience on smaller piling/groundwork claims are also desirable.
- Strong communication skills in English and Cantonese - Ability to work independently
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline is essential
- MRICS qualified or equivalent or progressing towards chartership is desired
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Long term employment with excellent career path
- Group health insurance
- Study reimbursement scheme: the company encourage employee to take further claims related education, such as Post Graduate diploma in Dispute Resolution/ Construction Law and Arbitration. The cost of education can be reimbursed fully.