Claims ConsultantRef MAX6553 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region Hong Kong Location Wan Chai Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be employed as a member of the full time staff by a reputable claims consultancy practice in Hong Kong to do exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- You will be fully briefed and will then be seconded to leading international civil engineering contractors based in Hong Kong to advise them on live contractual, commercial & claims management issues
- You will act as a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- You will also assist your civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution and claims planning matters for their large scale civil and building projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience in a QS role this has included the preparation and rebuttal of civil engineering claims
- Knowledge of issues relating to ground conditions & how to manage resulting claim situations is desirable.
- Experience gained working for a major civil engineering contractor on major projects preparing claims is desirable.
- Working knowledge of various methods of measurement and claims;
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Cantonese language skills in addition are desirable but not essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline; UK degree preferred
- RICS or HKIS qualified strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well-known Hong Kong based claims and dispute management consultancy that operates across the building, civil engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering, utilities, infrastructure and transportation sectors of the construction industry.
The company has a history of extensive involvement in MTRC contracts, and has worked on civil engineering, rail & building projects in Hong Kong and across Asia for many years. They are specialists in offering contractual advice, especially in relation to the New Engineering Contract (NEC) which is becoming increasingly popular in Hong Kong and is to be used by the MTRC on a number of contracts now and will become the standard form of contract used by MTR for future major projects.
Apply for this job
Steve Thomas is our specialist consultant managing this position
- (Office hours 9am to 6pm - Hong Kong Time Monday to Friday)
- Asia & UK
Apply for this job Directly with Maxim
- Senior Claims Consultant Wan Chai - Negotiable
- Quantum Claims Consultant Sydney - Negotiable
- Quantum Claims Consultant Brisbane - Negotiable
- Claims Consultant - all levels Brisbane, Perth & Melbourne - HKD$50k-150k + package
- Claims Consultant - all levels Hong Kong &Singapore - HKD$50k-150k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend