Our client, a thriving international construction services and claims practice is on the look out for a Claims Manager to join their team in Hong Kong following award of several major commissions.
Working closely with the Directors you will need to be able to pick up and run with the role covering civil and building works, rail, road and high rise. The business has a considerable track record of working with contractors with a number of commissions being employers.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Claims Manager reporting to Director
•Expert report writing
•Assessment of claims potential, production of proposals, assessment of time frame for delivery, framework of claims preparation and submission and submission to clients (basically pre-award stage)
• Client liaison and reporting – managing the expectations of our clients
• Establishing work plan and structure of claims and setting this out in detail for discussion / agreement with clients and dissemination with the claims team
• Management of multi-disciplinary teams including Forensic Planners, Project Planners, administration/data controllers, contracts managers, senior consultants and consultants within the team
• Weekly reporting of progress – works achieved, information requested and outstanding, issues impacting delivery, resource tracking – utilised versus planned, management of internal budget for delivery (lump sum works)
• Claims production including narrative, detailed events, delay schedule, time impact analysis, claim evaluation and executive summary
• Powerpoint presentation production and presentation at management / board level
• Onward negotiation of claims if required.
• Alternately, production of claims to defend clients – subcontractors/suppliers or working for clients defending claims from contractors
• Expected to work in Hong Kong with occasional regional travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Significant exposure to and experience of claims management and production
• Experience of Expert Report writing
• Extensive work with contractors with demonstrable experience including claims preparation, management of delay analysis and claim evaluation
• Experience of managing teams of 6-10 people on projects
• Adjudication/arbitration or litigation experience would be advantageous
• UK, Middle East and SE Asia experience would be preferred
• Broad experience across all sectors – civils, build, O&G etc.
• Strong contract/commercial knowledge – all major forms of contract and bespoke agreements
• Knowledge of Society of Construction Law protocols and various delay analysis techniques/principles
• Knowledge of (not use of) Primavera and Microsoft projects
• Word, excel, PPT proficient
• Educated to degree level or above, professional body membership and record of ongoing education
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global consultancy with a specialist division in Expert Witness, Claims and Construction disputes services. They promote the improvement and training of staff at all levels, and provide unrivalled project and responsibility exposure to those showing the desire and ability to perform at a higher level.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• All-in lump sum package taxed at prevailing rates
• Mobilisation / demobilisation / settling in allowance
• 25 days holidays plus local holidays
• Discretionary bonus
• Annual salary review