Claims ManagerRef MAX8858 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Other Overseas Location Nr Dhaka, Bangladesh Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/01/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
Have you got what it takes? Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced all round Claims Manager (technical, quantum & delay) to second into a Korean contractor currently on a major power project in Bangladesh.
You will be stationed on site on the project full time in a remote location in Bangladesh for a 12-18 month period. Your camp accommodation and welfare will be provided for.
Responsibilities and Duties
- A hands on quantum & delay claims development and delivery role, reporting directly to the Project Director
- You will use your quantum and planning skills to assess major and minor claims on construction projects using relevant programmes for quantum and delay analysis.
- Assessment of claims potential, production of proposals, assessment of time frame for delivery, framework of claims preparation and submission and submission to client
- Weekly reporting of progress – works achieved, information requested and outstanding, issues impacting delivery, resource tracking etc
- Claims production including narrative, detailed events, delay schedule, time impact analysis, quantum analysis and evaluation and executive summary
- The successful candidate will be an industry practitioner
- Undergo quantum & Delay Analysis on complex claims and disputes
- Preparation and defence of complex claims
- Utilise relevant planning software (i.e. Primavera / Asta etc)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant exposure to and experience of claims management and production
- Extensive work with contractors with demonstrable experience including claims preparation, management of delay analysis and claim evaluation
- Adjudication/arbitration or litigation experience would be advantageous
- UK, Middle East and SE Asia experience would be preferred
- Broad experience across all sectors – civils, build, O&G etc.
- Strong contract/commercial knowledge – all major forms of contract and bespoke agreements
- Knowledge of Society of Construction Law protocols and various delay analysis techniques/principles
- Knowledge of (not use of) Primavera and Microsoft projects
- Word, excel, PPT proficient
- Educated to degree level or above, professional body membership and record of ongoing education
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a well respected disputes resolutions consultant is seeking to appoint and second into their Korean contractor client, a well rounded Claims Manager (technical, quantum & delay) to assist with their ongoing project claims issues.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary and benefits is available to the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend