Hong Kong Island
Circa HKD$60k-80k p/m + bonus
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be doing exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- Produce claims to be submitted to the client
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution and claims planning matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Undertake negotiations with clients
- Act as a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor
- Ideally with experience of preparing claims/compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation in a contracting QS capacity
- Project experience on larger projects (GBP10m++) preferred, but candidates with specific strong experience on smaller piling/groundwork claims with smaller players also desirable.
- Candidates without overseas experience will also be considered
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- MRICS/FCIArb qualified or equivalent or progressing towards chartership is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established claims consultancy with a strong reputation in the Hong Kong construction market. Very competitive salary and benefits are on offer. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.