Commercial DirectorRef MAX8967 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Sydney, Australia Salary AUD300K ++ Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 29/07/2020 Status Live
Our client is seeking a Commercial Director to work on a city shaping infrastructure metro project with a proven track record of delivering high quality outcomes to join our Sydney team.
You will be stationed in the client's project offices in Sydney.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Client Project Director you will manage the overall commercial function of a major metro project
- You will coordinate with the project team, contractors, sub contractors and the supply chain
- You will interface with key stakeholders including utilities, councils and key government agencies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- civil construction industry including leading the commercial management of major infrastructure projects
- leading pre-contract and post contract commercial negotiations.
- team leadership, inter-disciplinary collaboration and commitment to people as key elements of project and organisational success.
- client-side management of dispute resolution processes.
- knowledge of commercial law including contract law with respect to the built environment and experience of a range of contract forms.
- commitment to collaborative working in a team environment.
- highly effective communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- superior commercial acumen, strong problem solving skills and the ability to interpret, understand and explain complex contractual, commercial and financial issues.
- ability to organise and prioritise own and team members’ work demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment.
- sound understanding of risk management procedures and processes, including risk quantification.
- sound understanding of scheduling and time management of major design and construction projects.
- adherence to organisational values and consistent, sound judgement and ethical behaviour in making and influencing decisions.
- A degree engineering, quantity surveying, construction finance, construction law or related field.
- Professional memberships
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Established in 2018, our client is a Project Management Consultancy that is independent and privately owned by its people. They are currently providing project management and transaction advisory services to government transport agencies developing city shaping rail and transport infrastructure projects. Following from their successful involvement in delivering the procurement strategy and project planning of multi- billion dollar rail infrastructure projects, they are looking for expertise in the delivery of immersed tube tunneling projects to join their growing team in Sydney.
Additional Benefits, Package info, Bonuses etc
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy at the forefront of major infrastructure projects in Sydney.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
We also recognise that our people are essential to our success. We will provide the successful candidates with:
· A competitive package
· Fast track career progression opportunities
· Ongoing training and development
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend