Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of quantity surveyors, advising and deciding on methods of resolving contractual issues and final account settlements
- To accurately monitor expected performance and return on all projects, compare with budget and report to seniors at regular intervals
- To monitor cash flow and reduce the value of debtors to the company
- Assisting the placing of purchase orders and sub-contract orders and management of their accounts
- Interfacing with clients in order to maintain good relations and maximise recovery
- Monitoring divisional overhead expenditure and liaison with superiors to provide and monitor performance budgets for the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong commercial management or quantity surveying background is a must, with extensive experience on highways or infrastructural works with another major civil engineering contractor.
- Prior experience in a management role is important, as you may be required to oversee a team of staff.
- A degree/HND level qualification in a relevant field (such as quantity surveying or civil engineering) is highly desirable, but not a strict requirement.
- You must be computer literate
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company are an internationally based construction consultant company with over 20 years experience. This regional, national and international consultancy provides a wide variety of construction commercial and programming services across all sectors of the industry serving Main Contractors, sub-contractors, employers, suppliers, advisors, local & central government departments, financiers and investors alike. The company employs over 70 senior commercial and programming consultants.