Summary of Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Dubai
A leading International main contractor with an excellent reputation for delivering large construction projects requires a Commercial Manager to lead a new 1.3Bn AED hotel development starting in the New Year.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be the lead commercial contact on a new multi story hotel project in Dubai. You will report to the Commercial Director of the Dubai business but will need to be able to work largely independently with day to day commercial and contractual issues whilst managing a small commercial team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience of being the lead commercial contact on project(s) in excess of US $50m for a main contractor. This should be for the full term of the project including final accounts.
- Candidates should have a very strong bias towards working for reputable main contractors.
- Candidates should have a strong contractual knowledge including promptly identifying relevant clauses in the contract where claims correspondence is required to be submitted.
- Candidates demonstrating a stable CV with minimal and justifiable career moves is desired.
- Exceptional senior quantity surveyor candidates who have operated as a lead commercial contact on large projects and ready to take a step to Commercial Manager are welcome to apply
- Previous experience in the Middle East region would be a strong advantage
- Candidates should be degree qualified (or similar equivalent)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading main contractor with an excellent reputation for delivering major projects and a global reach. They have a particular specialism in delivering high rise residential, commercial and mixed use schemes in Dubai.