Summary of Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
An experienced Commercial Manger with a strong background in Contractual issues and construction law is required to join a large Hong Kong Contractor. You will be head office based and working within the Contracts department of the Commercial Division. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Hong Kong's most established Main Contractors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage commercial staff, supervise the preparation of commercial review of tenders, sub-contract tender and related documentation;
- Oversee the project cash-flow by timely, complete and proper submission of interim applications;
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Procure and manage project supply chain in compliance with standard company policy;
- Effective management of risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Supervise, approve and endorse claim submissions;
- Manage all contract arrangements and documentation;
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Provide claims related advice
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good experience working as a Commercial Manager with a Contracting backing in Hong Kong
- Candidates with experience in build or civil engineering projects will be considered
- Strong contractual knowledge with a good understanding of Hong Kong construction law is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Cantonese.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional Chartered membership such as MRICS, MHKIS or similar is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a leading Hong Kong construction contractor with an established project portfolio in both Build and Civil Engineering projects. Excellent salary package and benefits. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.